How are you? and how is everything going? happy new year, I pray this year brings everyone bigger and better things than last year. I hope to continue to build on what I have started in the previous years and hopefully grow tremendously by the end of 2015. What are some of your goals, please share some of your goals for this year in the comment section below, I would like to know.
So today, in the spirit of the festive season, I made a dessert. I know this season is an excuse for food to be consumed due to the very many gatherings that occur at this time of the year. Dessert is not left out in this and I found some recipes to help you watch your waist line and at the same time not let you miss out on satisfying your sweet tooth craving. I made avocado & banana ice cream with some baked apple.
I achieved the avocado & banana ice cream by using
- 1 whole avocado (took the pit out and cut it up into chunks)
- 1 whole banana
- 2 tsps of honey
- a handful of chocolate chip cookies
- I put the avocado, banana, & honey in the food processor and blended it in until it was smooth. This took about 20 mins in total.
- Once the mixture came out of the food processor, I put the chocolate chips into the mixture and poured it into a bowl, covered it up and put it in the freezer for about two hours. I was stirring the mixture every 30 mins within the 2 hours. The reason I did this was to help me get a desired consistency. If you want the mixture harder, leave it in the freezer longer than 2 hours. Peep my result before it went into the freezer below
For the baked apple I used:
- 1 apple cut into half
- 1/4 cup of cranberries
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 of water.
I put the ingredients together by
- Cutting the apple into half, took out the seeds and made a hole in the middle
- Mixing the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkled it all over the apple
- Spreading the cranberries over the apple and poured water on it. I put it in the oven for 7minutes. I will recommend doing it for about 5 minutes just so the apple does not become dry just like mine. Though the recipe I used said to do it between 6 and 8 minutes and I did mine on 7 minutes which I believe was too long. I liked the combination of the ice cream and the baked apple. I could have done it better with the timing and I hope you do it better.
My mum, my taste tester commended me on my first try and pointed out areas of improvement. I truly liked it and will be having some of it as my dessert for the night. I hope someone tries this and let me know what you think.
Until next time guys, Its Miss Bee..xx