Happy holidays! how are you? And preparation for the holidays? I hope you guys are doing great! I am doing the last post on three ways with quinoa today. It was interesting working with this food but I was able to find different ways to work with quinoa and my discoveries were amazing. I will definitely be pulling out some of those recipes in the future. So you want to know what you will need for these cookies, keep reading..:D
- coconut oil
- cinnamon powder (the recipe called for cocoa but I substituted with cinnamon)
- peanut butter
- maple syrup or honey
- cooked quinoa
- vanilla extract
How I achieved the cookies with all of these
- I cooked the quinoa and started to prep for the cookies.
- Laid my baking pan with foil paper and set it aside. (You can also use parchment paper).
- while my quinoa was boiling,
- I put the coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup in a sauce pan. Left it to a medium boil while stirring.
- At this point my quinoa was done cooking. I took the cinnamon mix off the stove and poured the quinoa, peanut butter and vanilla extract and then stirred together. I did some taste testing with it. I added some cinnamon sugar to give it a slightly sweet taste.
- Once I was done mixing,I scooped some of the batter and then placed it on the baking pan. The mixture didn’t come out as moist as I wanted it to be because the portion size of the quinoa was too much for the sauce I made.
- I put in the fridge for about 2 – 3 hours. I didn’t like how it looked when I brought it out so I thought hard about what to do with the cookies and I decided to put it on the stove to give it some crunch.
- I put it in a sauce pan and let it brown on each side for about 5 mins on low heat.
You can have this with a side of blended banana and peanut butter which is a great substation for ice cream. Though my results didn’t come out exactly how the results came out with the recipe I used, but I still loved the flavour of the cookies. It had some crunch to it and the flavour came out good. That brings us to the end of three ways with our featured ingredient ‘quinoa’. Did you guys try any of the recipes I put up? Did you discover new ways to make quinoa interesting? Please share your recipes. Remember we are all about helping each other live a healthier lifestyle, until next time guys.
Its Miss Bee..xx