How are you? And how is the week? I hope you are doing great! Its almost the weekend 😀 I can’t wait!
I made quinoa burger this week on the three way series with the featured ingredient ‘quinoa’. The first time I tried was at some restaurant called Stella’s here in Winnipeg. I was skeptical but gave it a try and boy was it good! Ever since, I told myself I wanted to make some at home but never got around to doing it. When I started this three way series, I thought perfect timing. I can make quinoa burgers and share with my lovely dudunorth readers. It is easy, fast, and filling too! Let me tell how I made this happen;
For the quinoa I used,
- one-quarter cup of cooked quinoa (I didn’t make too much because it was just me, but you can increase the quantity if you want)
- spice ( Maggi, paprika, lemon pepper, pepper and garlic powder)
- bread crumbs (the recipe I used included bread crumbs but I didn’t use it in mine because I didn’t have any and it turned out fine so its optional
- cooking spray
- one egg (it is used as a binding agent to make the quinoa stick together)
For the bun, I used
- portobello mushrooms (you can use bread if you want, I had it with bread at Stella’s)
- avocado oil
Wondering how I mixed it all up to get the patty together, keep calm and continue reading 🙂
- I combined the boiled quinoa, spices, onions and egg in one bowl and tasted. I wanted the spice to come out so I added more spice as needed. I let it sit for about 5 mins and then proceeded to spray my non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- I got my gloves out and scooped some of the quinoa mixture in my palm and started to form it into a patty.
- Once I finished, I put the quinoa patties into my sprayed pan and cooked on both sides for about 3-4 minutes/until both sides were slightly brown.
For the mushrooms which I used as the bun for the patty,
- I took the pit out of the mushrooms and sprinkled some avocado oil in the middle.
- I put the mushrooms to grill in the oven for about 5 minutes or less
- I brought it out and put the quinoa patty in between the mushrooms, topped it off with some tomatoes and dogged in. My mum liked it, my sister liked it and of cause I gave myself a pat on the back for a job well done especially because it was my first time making it.
Try it please! I promise you won’t be disappointed. Remember we are all about helping each other live a healthier lifestyle. Let me know what you guys think of this recipe and your thoughts on quinoa in general.
Until next time guys, Its Miss Bee…xxx