I am late! I know, please don’t crucify me. Can we talk about how life gets in the way of things? But I am not letting it get in the way of putting up a post even though I am 2 days late. Anyhoo how are you guys? How is the week going? I started my weekend already and its packed with activities. It’s good but then again I want to put my legs up, stay in my PJ’s and just catch up on all my shows. What are you guys up to for the weekend? Comment below and let me know whats going.
Remember I made a post about doing three ways. Well, here is my first post on that. The first food item for the series is quinoa. I made some awesome quinoa salad and my mum coukdnt stop talking about it. The best part is I made the dressing myself. My culinary skills are getting better by the day. Anyway please find the recipe below:
- Quinoa – 1/4 cup
- Vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, & carrots
- For the dressing: I used salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, lemon pepper, water & olive oil.
- I started by boiling the quinoa for 15 minutes.
- I also steamed the veggies because I didn’t want it to have that earthy taste. I wanted to be a little cooked but crunchy so I put it on for like 5mins. (you can use the veggies without steaming it if you don’t mind the taste). I put some water in a pot, put a foil over the water and then put the veggies in the foil to steam it up. This method helps to retain the nutrients in the veggies.
- While the quinoa and veggies were cooking, I started the process of making my dressing. This was a trial and error thing and it worked out perfect. I put one teaspoon of olive oil, a pinch of black pepper, sprinkled some lemon pepper, sprinkled some crushed red pepper and used half Maggi cube. I added some water to make it a little runny cos I didn’t want to add too much olive oil, and mixed it together.
- Once my quinoa and veggies were ready, I poured the quinoa, veggies, and spinach in a bowl. I poured the dressing on top and mixed it in.
- I served it on a plate and gave it to my mum to eat it. I tasted a bit of it and I was proud of myself. I couldn’t eat it myself cos I was on a juice cleanse so my mum enjoyed the meal. I also cut up some geese to go with the salad.
I hope you try this at home and let me know how it turns out if you do. Also I would like to learn some recipes using quinoa as an appetizer from you guys. Remember we are all about helping each other live a healthier lifestyle.
Until next time guys, its Miss Bee…:)